The City of Hamilton has officially moved to the grey-lockdown category of the Provincial COVID-19 Response Framework at 12:01 a.m. this morning.
The following are rules and regulations Hamilton residents must know following the new restrictions:
Gatherings and Close Contact:
- It is illegal to gather indoors with anyone you do not live with.
- If you live alone, you can have contact with only one other household.
- Outdoor gatherings can host up to 10 people.
- Religious, wedding, and funeral services have a capacity of 10 people both indoors and outdoors
- You must only go out for essential reasons, such as: work, school, groceries, pharmacy, health care, helping vulnerable people, exercise and physical activity.
Rules for all Businesses:
- Must screen employees.
- Limit capacity so guests can stay at least 2 metres apart.
- Anyone indoors must wear a mask or face covering.
- Workers must wear personal protective equipment that protects their eyes, nose, and mouth, when they have to come withing 2 metres of anyone who is not wearing a mask or face covering, or seperated by plexiglass.
- Clean and disinfect often-touched surfaces, such as equipment, washrooms, locker rooms, change rooms and showers frequently
- Create a safety plan and have it available upon request (for example, to inspectors or law enforcement officers)
- Online ordering, Curbside pick-up, and delivery services are available
- In person shopping is available for: Supermarkets, grocery stores, convenience stores, hardware stores, other retailers selling groceries, beer, wine and liquor stores, pharmacies, safety supply stores, and outdoor markets.
- Motor and recreational vehicle, and garden centres are open by appointment only.
Food and drink establishments:
- Take-out, Drive-through and Delivery service are available
- All indoor and outdoor services are closed
Performing Arts Facilities
- No audiences allowed.
- Rehearsing, recording or broadcasting an event or performance is allowed (for example, streaming a performance to an online audience).
- Everyone must stay 2 metres away from each other, except when needed for the performance.
- There must be a barrier (for example, plexiglass) between singers and wind- or brass-instrument players and other performers.
- Only drive-ins allowed
Sports and Recreational Fitness facilities
- Closed (limited exceptions, for example, day camps and child care)
Meeting and event spaces
- Closed for meetings and events (limited exceptions, for example child care, mental health and addiction support services).
Personal Care Services
Casinos, Bingo Halls, and Gaming Establishments