All 23 people taken to a hospital in the Niagara region after an acid spill at an auto plant have been discharged.
That includes three who were directly exposed to a vapour cloud of hydrochloric acid.
The spill happened at the THK Rhythm Automotive plant in St. Catharines Tuesday morning.
Emergency crews were called to the business after staff accidentally hit a valve, which released about five litres of the hazardous chemical.
Fire Chief Dave Upper says three people were directly exposed through skin contact and inhalation.
The liquid transformed into a vapour cloud and 20 other staff members in the large space were exposed solely through skin contact with the vapour.
Affected staff used a decontamination shower on site before going to the hospital.
The hydrochloric acid was contained within the plant and there was no risk to public health.