Eleven people have been arrested in a bust of a massive illegal marijuana grow-op in St. Catharines.
Niagara Regional Police say the investigation began because of complaints from the public.
Officers executed a search warrant at a building in the area of Third St. Louth and Main St. Tuesday morning.
Inside they found a “well-organized and large scale” cannabis growing operation with over 17,000 plants in various stages of growth.
Police estimate the value of the plants at $34 million.
This is the largest marijuana grow-op investigated by Niagara Police.
The 11 people found inside have been arrested and charged with unauthorized production of cannabis contrary to the Federal Cannabis Act.
- Yongqi Liu, 51, of Scarborough
- Lin Feng Shi, 41, of Markham
- Jin Chin Jian, 35, of Markham
- Xiao Ping Yang, 51, of Scarborough
- Junso Dong, 48, of Scarborough
- Jinying Xue, 52, of Scarborough
- Libo Qian, 54, of Toronto
- Qiaoguo Yang, 50, of Scarborough
- Zengshou Liu, 63, of St. Catharines
- Yingqiu Lin, 68, Of New York, USA
Police say there is one more person who has yet to be identified.