A heat warning remains in effect for the City of Hamilton and much of the Golden Horseshoe as temperatures are once again expected to soar into the 30s today. Overnight lows will also hover around the 20 degree mark. Here are a few ways to beat the heat and stay cool:
* head to one of the city-run splash pads and wading pools which are open
* all public swims are also free of charge at both indoor and outdoor pools
* several community and municipal centres are also operating cooling centres
* drink plenty of water to ensure you stay hydrated
* wear a hat and loose-fitting clothing
* limit physical activity throughout the day if possible
Police and health officials are also reminding people not to leave children or pets inside of closed vehicles in this heat; temperatures inside can reach fatal levels.
For a full list of cooling centres, swimming pools and splash pads, head to www.hamilton.ca.