Ongoing proactive investigations by Hamilton police into firearm offences on the mountain has lead to multiple arrests and the seizure of drugs, cash and a replica firearm.
Police say members of the Hamilton Police Service Mountain HEAT Unit, along with Hamilton and Halton police tactical units executed search warrants in the area of Upper Gage Ave. and the Lincoln Alexander Parkway and Upper Ottawa St. and Mohawk Rd. East.
Police seized 15 pounds of dry cannabis with an estimated value of $60,000, oxycodone pills, approximately $108,000 worth of fentanyl, approximately $13,800 worth of cocaine, approximately $3,600 worth of heroin, $1,600 in cash and a replica glock-style firearm.
Police arrested and charged:
– 48-year-old Yvonne Hamilton of Hamilton with possession of oxycodone.
– 42-year-old Pedro Tavares of Hamilton with possession of fentanyl, three counts of failure to comply and two counts of outstanding warrants.
– 35-year-old Juliana Tavares of Hamilton with possession of fentanyl and an outstanding warrant,
– 49-year-old Michelle Bryant of Hamilton with possession of heroin for the purpose of trafficking, possession of cocaine for the purpose of trafficking, possession of fentanyl for the purpose of trafficking, possession of proceeds of crime under $5,000 and three counts of failure to comply with undertaking.
– A 17-year old Hamilton boy with three counts of distribution of cannabis over 30 grams and breach of probation.
If you have any information that you believe could assist Police with the investigation into this crime you are asked to contact Acting Detective Sergeant Mike Hall by calling 905-546-3851.