Anson Place Care Centre in Hagersville remains under quarantine after three residents have died and 11 others tested positive for COVID-19.
The first resident at the long term care home died on Friday and since then, two others have passed away.
The home is only allowing essential visitors in and residents are no longer able to leave to visit family and friends.
The facility is asking loved ones to keep in touch with one another through technology.
A woman whose 97-year-old grandmother lives at the home told CHCH News she is no longer allowed on the property. She said at the beginning of the pandemic the facility would allow her to go up to her grandmother’s window to say hello but now that is prohibited as well.
According to the facility’s website, it has 61 residents and a retirement home with 40 residents.
Another family member of a resident in the home said the outbreak started on the first floor.
It is one of 10 long term care homes in Ontario where outbreaks of the virus have been declared.
The Haldimand-Norfolk Health Unit is reporting that there are a total of 27 people in Haldimand and Norfolk who have tested positive for COVID-19.
The Health Unit says it is working with Anson Place to institute measures to decrease the spread of COVID-19.
Norfolk County Mayor and Chair of the Haldimand-Norfolk Board of Health Kristal Chopp spoke with Morning Live Wednesday to discuss what the county is doing to manage the outbreak.