Sportsline Daily Trivia Rules
SPORTSLINE has lots of chances for you to win great prizes! Watch SPORTSLINE daily Monday to Friday from 5:00 PM to 5:30 PM for your chance to win prizes as available.
Here are the Rules and Regulations for SPORTSLINE daily prizes:
1. From time to time, Channel 11 Limited Partnership (“Sponsor”), may offer contests (“Contests”) via the Sponsor television station, other televisions stations owned by or affiliated with Sponsor, the internet, telephone, or radio (the “Services”) that are offered by the Sponsor alone or in connection with a prize supplier (“Prize Supplier”).
2. In each such Contest, the available prize(s) will be set out in the advertising or promotional materials soliciting entries for the Contest in question (as applicable) (“Promotional Materials”). If a contest offered by any of the other Channel Zero entity(ies) which includes Rewind, Movieola – The Short Film Channel, Silver Screen Classics, OUAT Media and AOV (“Channel Zero Entity(ies)”) has a set of official contest rules (as opposed to these Official Rules) that apply specifically to that Channel Zero Entity contest (“Channel Zero Entity Contest”), the terms of those specific official contest rules will govern that specific Channel Zero Entity Contest. These Official Rules govern all other Contests offered by Sponsor in connection with the Services. Unless otherwise indicated in the official contest rules or Promotional Materials for the particular Channel Zero Entity Contest, entry into one contest does not constitute entry into any other promotion, contest or sweepstakes of any other Channel Zero Entity. Contest offered on SPORTSLINE will be subject to these Official Rules. By participating in any of the Contests that are offered by CHCH News, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules (or the Official Rules for the specific Channel Zero Entity Contest) and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects.
3. Unless otherwise indicated in the Official Rules or Promotional Materials for a particular Sponsor Contest, each “Contest Period” starts at 5:00 p.m. each weekday and ends at 4:59 p.m. the next weekday (for example it can commence on Monday at 5:00 p.m. and end at 4:59 p.m. on Tuesday All times are Eastern Standard. No purchase necessary. Only one (1) entry per person per Contest Period. In the case of multiple entries, only the first eligible entry will be considered.
4. TO ENTER: Entry into the individual Contest is via our website only. To enter, entrants must watch Sportsline and look for the quiz question to come up during the show. Eligible participants may follow the instructions as given by our SPORTSLINE hosts, anchors or announcers and submit their answer here to enter the Contest.
5. METHOD OF WINNING: The potential winner(s) for each Contest will be selected by the first person to correctly answer the quiz question and must not have won the Sportsline Daily Trivia contest within the past 30 days. Unless otherwise stated on air, the potential winner(s) shall be the first (1st) person to successfully answer the daily quiz question via our website, as determined by the Sponsor or its designated representative, whose decisions are final and binding with respect to each Contest. Odds of winning will depend upon the number and timing of eligible entries received for the applicable Contest.
6. GENERAL ENTRY CONDITIONS: Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means and entries which by any means subvert the entry and/or participation process will be void. All Entries are subject to verification at any time and for any reason. The Sponsors reserve the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Sponsors – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification): (i) for the purposes of verifying an individual’s eligibility to participate in this Contest; (ii) for the purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or legitimacy of an Entry entered (or purportedly entered) for the purposes of this Contest; and/or (iii) for any other reason the Sponsors deem necessary, in their sole and absolute discretion, for the purposes of administering this Contest in accordance with these Contest Rules. Failure to provide such proof to the satisfaction of the Sponsors in a timely manner may result in disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsors. Should multiple users of the same telephone number enter the Contest and a dispute thereafter arises regarding the identity of the entrant, the authorized telephone subscriber of said telephone number at the time of entry will be considered the entrant and must comply with these Official Rules. “Authorized telephone subscriber” is defined as the natural person who is assigned a telephone number by a service provider or other organization which is responsible for assigning telephone numbers for the telephone number associated with the entry. In the event a dispute regarding the identity of the individual who actually submitted the entry cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s satisfaction, the affected entry will be deemed ineligible. Entrants may be required to submit proof of being the authorized telephone subscriber of the telephone number associated with the submitted entry. Sponsor’s database clock will be the official time keeper for entries into each Contest. Other “proof” of entering information through the Services does not constitute proof of delivery or receipt. Sponsor and/or the applicable Channel Zero Entity reserve the right to modify the scheduling of a Contest without prior notification.
7. ELIGIBILITY: Each Contest is open only to legal residents of Canada (excluding Quebec) who are the age of majority or older in their province or territory of residence at the time of entry. Officers, directors and employees (and those with whom such persons are domiciled, whether related or not) of Sponsor, Channel Zero Entities, Prize Supplier and those business partners that are involved in the Contest and each of their respective parents, affiliates, related companies and/or arm’s length companies subsidiaries, owned and operated entities and advertising and promotion agencies are not eligible to enter or win any Contest (all such individuals collectively referred to herein as the “Ineligible Entrants”). Void where prohibited by law. Individuals who have won a prize in any Contest or instant win game offered by Sponsor or Channel Zero Entity(ies) within thirty (30) days preceding the commencement of any individual Contest are not eligible to enter the applicable Contest. All Contests are subject to all applicable federal, provincial/territorial and municipal laws.
8. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Potential winner(s) will be notified via a Sportsline Producer. Before being declared a winner, each selected entrant will be required to: (a) correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question without mechanical or other aid; and (b) execute and return the Sponsor’s Declaration and Release (the “Prize Claim Documents”) within fourteen (14) days of date of issuance. In the event that: (i) a potential winner fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question; (ii) any notification or correspondence to a potential winner is returned as undeliverable; or (iii) the properly executed Prize Claim Documents are not received within the specified time period; then prize may be forfeited and, at Sponsor’s discretion, an alternate winner may be randomly selected from among the remaining eligible entries for the Contest at issue.
9. Noncompliance with the requirements set forth herein, the return of any prize or prize notification as undeliverable, failure to return the Prize Claim Documents in a timely manner or noncompliance with these Official Rules will result in disqualification and, at Sponsor’s discretion, an alternate winner will be randomly selected from among the remaining eligible entries for the Contest at issue.
10. PRIZES: Potential winner(s) are eligible to win one (1) prize as described during the SPORTSLINE broadcast, having an approximate retail value between $50 to $5,000 (“Approximate Retail Value”). Prizes and the Approximate Retail Value of each prize will be provided for each Contest in the individual Contest details in the Promotional Materials, on Air, or otherwise as part of the Contest entry process. Prizes pictured on the Contest entry page or in the Promotional Materials or otherwise are for illustrative purposes only. Actual prizes may vary from those depicted. All details not specified shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. All prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor. All prizes are not transferable, redeemable for cash or substitutable except by Sponsor, which reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion of prize) with one of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion. Winners shall be solely responsible for all costs and expenses associated with the acceptance and use of a prize not specified in the individual Contest details at the time of entry or in the Promotional Materials as being awarded. All prize details (including, without limitation, method and location of delivery of the prizes), are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Limit one (1) prize per person/telephone number and per household per any 30-day period, regardless of Contest. Any prize won in excess of this stated limitation by any person/telephone number or household will be forfeited and, at Sponsor’s discretion, awarded to an alternate eligible winner for the Contest at issue. Guests of the potential winner(s) or their parent/legal guardian if a minor must comply with the Contest Rules and sign and return the Release (described below).
11. ODDS OF WINNING: All entries that have been submitted through illicit means, or do not conform to or satisfy any condition of the rules may be disqualified by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor takes no responsibility for late or fraudulent entries, or for other errors relating thereto. Sponsor is not responsible for any errors or omissions in printing or advertising this contest. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
12. No communications will be entered into between Sponsor and entrants, except for those communications by Sponsor with selected potential winner(s).
13. RELEASE: Winner and Winner’s guest, if any, will be required to execute a legal agreement and release (“Release(s)”) that confirms Winner’s and Winner’s guest’s, if any: (i) confirms that he/she meets the eligibility requirements for the Contest and has complied with these Contest Rules; (ii) accepts the Prize as offered; (iii) must correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question; (iv) release of each of the Sponsors and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, related companies and/or arm’s length companies and each of their employees, directors, officers, suppliers, agents, sponsors, administrators, licensees, representatives, advertising, media buying and promotional agencies (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, cost or expense arising out of participation in the Contest, participation in any Contest-related activity or the acceptance, use, or misuse of any Prize, including, but not limited, to costs, injuries, losses related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light, or from any and all claims of third parties arising therefrom; and (iv) grant to the Sponsors of the unrestricted right, in the Sponsors’ collective or individual discretion, to produce, reproduce, publish, broadcast, communicate by telecommunication, exhibit, distribute, adapt and otherwise use or re-use the Winner’s and Winner’s guest’s name, photograph, likeness, voice and biography, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, in connection with the Contest and the promotion and exploitation thereof. The executed Release(s) must be returned within two (2) business days of the date of verification as a Winner or the selected entrant will be disqualified and the Prize will be forfeited.
14. INDEMNIFICATION BY ENTRANT. By entering and/participating in the Contest, each entrant releases and holds Releasees harmless from any and all liability, claims, demands, for any injuries, costs, expenses, losses or damages of any kind to the entrant or any other person, including, without limitation, reasonable legal fees, including an allocable share of in-house lawyers’ fees and costs, which Licensee may suffer or incur by reason of any claim, action, demand, suit or proceeding (each a “Claim”) resulting from: (i) personal injury, death, or property damage, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any Prize; (ii) participation in the Contest; (iii) any breach of the Contest Rules, (iv) in any Prize-related activity; (v) the unauthorized use of the names, logos, copyright, trade names, patents, trade-marks or intellectual property of any person or entity by entrant; or (vi) any allegation or threatened allegation that the entrant’s participation in the Contest, any breach by entrant of the Contest Rules, or any entrant’s Prize-related activity infringes any intellectual property, personal, privacy or proprietary rights of any person or entity. Each entrant agrees to fully indemnify Releasees from any and all claims by third parties relating to the Contest, without limitation.
By participating, entrants agree to: (i) be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and its designees, which are final and binding in all matters; and (ii) release, discharge and hold harmless the Channel Zero Entities, Sponsor, and the Sponsor designated representative from any and all claims and liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize (including, without limitation, any injuries resulting from use of any prize or any travel/activity related thereto) or participation in any Contest. The Channel Zero Entities, Sponsor and the Sponsor designated representative are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, inaccurate, stolen, misdirected, delayed, undelivered, garbled, damaged, or inaudible entries; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable cable, network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), wireless service provider, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, cellular tower, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors or malfunctions of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with any Contest, including, without limitation, errors or malfunctions which may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest, the processing of entries, the announcement of any prize or in any Contest-related materials. The Channel Zero Entities, Sponsor and the Sponsor designated representative are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in any Contest. The Channel Zero Entities, Sponsor and the Sponsor designated representative are not responsible for injury or damage to entrants’ or to any other person’s computer and/or mobile phone related to or resulting from participating in any Contest or downloading materials from or use of Sponsor. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the Contest, Sites or who are in violation of these Official Rules, as solely determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified and their entries will be void. If, in the Sponsor’s opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of tampering with any portion of the Contest, if technical difficulties, or other causes compromise the integrity of any Contest or if any Contest is unable to run as planned for any other reason, the Sponsor reserves the right to modify, suspend or terminate the Contest at issue and, if terminated, at their sole discretion, conduct a random drawing to award the prize(s) for the applicable Contest using all eligible, non-suspect entries received for the applicable Contest as of the date of termination. As a condition of participating, entrant agrees that: (i) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out of pocket expenses, if any, (ii) all causes of action arising out of or connected with any Contest, or any compensation or credit to be provided, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (iii) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out of pocket costs incurred, if any, and in no event shall entrant be entitled to receive attorneys’ fees or other legal costs.
16. Any attempt to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, Sponsor and/or a Channel Zero Entity reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
17. CHOICE OF LAW: All Contest shall be governed by Ontario substantive and procedural law, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflicts of laws rules or provisions (whether of the Province of Ontario or any other jurisdiction), that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Province of Ontario. By participating in any Contest, entrants (and, if eligible minors, their parents or legal guardians) irrevocably consent that Ontario courts shall have personal jurisdiction over any dispute or litigation arising from or relating to any Contest and that venue shall only be in the courts in Toronto, Ontario
19. This contest will be run in accordance with these Official Rules, subject to amendment by Sponsor. Contestants must comply with these rules, and will be deemed to have received and understood the rules by participating in the contest. The terms of this contest, as set out in these rules, are not subject to amendment or counter-offer, except as set out herein.
20. This Contest will continue indefinitely. Sponsor will announce the close of the promotion on a SPORTSLINE broadcast.
SPONSOR: Channel 11 Limited Partnership 163 Jackson St W Hamilton, ON L8N 3A6.
© 2013 Channel 11 Limited Partnership. All Rights Reserved.