;

Man treated for smoke inhalation in Hamilton house fire

sanford house fire

 

One person has been treated for smoke inhalation following a house fire in Hamilton’s Gibson neighbourhood.

Firefighters were called to a home at Sanford Ave. and Barton St. E around 8 p.m. Wednesday.

Officials say the blaze started in the kitchen.

It quickly spread to the attic and damaged part of a neighbouring home.

Firefighters found evidence of hoarding inside the home and it was declared uninhabitable.

 



LATEST STORIES


Commenting Guidelines

  • Comments are open for 2 days only after publication of article
  • All comments subject to approval
    • Comments must be constructive and a minimum of 5 words
    • Please do not submit multiple identical comments
    • Personal attacks will not be posted
    • We reserve the right to edit submissions for spelling, grammar, and language
  • CH-CHing! points will be awarded upon submission, however comments will not appear live until they have been approved
  • During the approval process, we reserve the right to withdraw CH-CHing! points awarded to you for comments that do not meet the above guidelines

POPULAR STORIES

css.php