Hoverboard fire causes $150K in damages to Burlington home


A hoverboard plugged into a charger is believed to have sparked a fire that destroyed a Burlington family’s garage.

Smoke and flames could be seen coming from the garage when crews arrived at the home on Pomona Ave. Thursday.

Rasha Salah got her 5 kids and nanny outside safely and called 911.  It took about two hours to knock the fire down.

A fire investigator confirmed that the hoverboard she bought was not included in the recall of a half million hoverboards last year.

Damage is estimated at $150,000.

BURLFIRESEGWAY

BURLFIREGARAGE


LATEST STORIES


Commenting Guidelines

  • Comments are open for 2 days only after publication of article
  • All comments subject to approval
    • Comments must be constructive and a minimum of 5 words
    • Please do not submit multiple identical comments
    • Personal attacks will not be posted
    • We reserve the right to edit submissions for spelling, grammar, and language
  • CH-CHing! points will be awarded upon submission, however comments will not appear live until they have been approved
  • During the approval process, we reserve the right to withdraw CH-CHing! points awarded to you for comments that do not meet the above guidelines

Comments

stan says:

Thought this was an old story, but was not.

css.php