;

Careless disposal of smoking material causes fire at residential home


Careless disposal of smoking material is to blame for a fire in the Hamilton’s east end on July 21st.

Emergency crews were called to a two and a half story home on Gage Avenue South just before 4:30 in the morning.

Police placed tape marks in the area where the fire started on the upper level back deck. Broken windows and charred fencing show the damage.

Hamilton Fire says the bulk of the blaze was contained to the deck. All residents were outside when crews arrived.

There were no injuries reported and damage is estimated at $50,000.



LATEST STORIES


Commenting Guidelines

  • Comments are open for 2 days only after publication of article
  • All comments subject to approval
    • Comments must be constructive and a minimum of 5 words
    • Please do not submit multiple identical comments
    • Personal attacks will not be posted
    • We reserve the right to edit submissions for spelling, grammar, and language
  • CH-CHing! points will be awarded upon submission, however comments will not appear live until they have been approved
  • During the approval process, we reserve the right to withdraw CH-CHing! points awarded to you for comments that do not meet the above guidelines

POPULAR STORIES

css.php