;

Fire at apartment on Jackson Street West


Hamilton fire crews responded to a multiple alarm blaze at an apartment building near CHCH studio. Shortly after four the fire broke out at 223 Jackson Street west near Queen Street.

Smoke was seen coming from a 5th floor balcony. Dozens of firefighters arrived at the apartment and within minutes were able to put out the blaze that began in the kitchen.

Two people were treated for smoke inhalation. One was taken to hospital. It’s unknown what started the fire.

The fire sent residents in the building outside for nearly an hour while crews fought the blaze. Hamilton fire says an overhaul of the apartment is currently underway.



LATEST STORIES


Commenting Guidelines

  • Comments are open for 2 days only after publication of article
  • All comments subject to approval
    • Comments must be constructive and a minimum of 5 words
    • Please do not submit multiple identical comments
    • Personal attacks will not be posted
    • We reserve the right to edit submissions for spelling, grammar, and language
  • CH-CHing! points will be awarded upon submission, however comments will not appear live until they have been approved
  • During the approval process, we reserve the right to withdraw CH-CHing! points awarded to you for comments that do not meet the above guidelines

POPULAR STORIES

css.php