;

Elderly woman hospitalized after house fire in Burlington


An elderly woman was taken to hospital with serious injuries after a fire this morning in Burlington.

The blaze broke out just after 9:30 at a townhouse complex on Driftwood Drive. Burlington Fire says that a candle caused a 93-year-old woman’s clothes to catch on fire. She was rescued from the building and taken to hospital. the Burlington Fire Department Platoon Chief says she was badly burned, but was speaking when she got into the ambulance.

Two other people that were in the home suffered minor injuries and were treated at the scene. Two officers were also sent to hospital as a precaution to be assessed for smoke inhalation.

Several connected homes were evacuated as a precaution. A neighbor said that a son, mother, and grandmother were in the home at the time. Damage is estimated to be around $50,000.



LATEST STORIES


Commenting Guidelines

  • Comments are open for 2 days only after publication of article
  • All comments subject to approval
    • Comments must be constructive and a minimum of 5 words
    • Please do not submit multiple identical comments
    • Personal attacks will not be posted
    • We reserve the right to edit submissions for spelling, grammar, and language
  • CH-CHing! points will be awarded upon submission, however comments will not appear live until they have been approved
  • During the approval process, we reserve the right to withdraw CH-CHing! points awarded to you for comments that do not meet the above guidelines

Comments

Sandra says:

These newer homes give off more fumes than older built materials.

POPULAR STORIES

css.php